Monday, November 2, 2009

Singapore River Cruise (6 Oct 09)

Before the date, 6 Oct 2009, I have never been on a Singapore River Cruise, a bumboat ride along the Singapore River. I guess many Singaporean would have the same reply when asked if they have been on a bumboat ride along Singapore River - No - likewise for me. Anyway I finally went on one ;)

My office held its 2nd Paper Making & Paper Awareness training in early October & this time round, we went for a bumboat ride (we took the Singapore Flyers the last time) before our dinner. The weather on the evening of 6 Oct 2009 is cool & nice, a great evening to be enjoying this with my colleagues from around our Asia offices.

Here comes our boat...& boat man...


The skyline of the tall office buildings along Shenton Way, with the Merlion, overlooking the Marina Bay.



Another of our iconic building - Esplanade. That's another of the Singapore Cruiser, cruising pass.



And that is the tallest ferris wheel in the world right now, the Singapore Flyers. The colourful structure is actually the floating platform where we hold our yearly National Day celebration, those are the seats.


I supposed these are buildings & structure that we see each time we drive or walk by the Shenton way or Marina Bay area, but looking at them, while seated in a bumboat, the feeling is different. Everyone should try the Singapore River Cruise, its not only meant for trouists, I think everyone should try it if they have the opportunity. Plus its not that expensive, we took the 30mins cruise which is called - The tale of 2 Quays - it highlights our Boat Quay, Clarke Quay and Marina Bay, at S$13 per adult.

I know there is a new cruise being added - New River Experience – The tale of 3 Quays- which highlights our Boat Quay, Clarke Quay, Robertson Quay and Marina Bay, at S$18 per adult.
 
I believe it'll be a romantic experience to take a sunset cruise with the one you love...yeah!

No comments: